Saturday, October 13th 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The annual Fall Festival will be taking place on Allen Street and throughout Downtown, once again. Come on out for lots of fun and games for the whole family. See below for descriptions of all the day's activities.
- Happy Valley Dessert Contest - Do you love to bake? Enter your homemade, fall-themed dessert for a chance to win a $50 Downtown State College gift card. This event is open to chefs of all ages with three different subdivisions. Entries are judged on Appearance, Flavor, Creativity, and Difficulty. Click here to download an entry form. Not a cook? Stop by to sample the entries. Desserts will be served beginning at noon for $1 per serving.
- Taste of the Town Restaurant Tour (3 - 5 p.m.) - Taste the fall in Downtown State College with visits to six downtown restaurants to sample the flavors of the season. Purchase your ticket at the Fall Fest info booth by the climbing wall (on Allen Street). Then enjoy the crisp fall air as you visit The Atherton Hotel, Jersey Mike's, Chili's, Spats Cafe, The Tavern and Quiznos for some hearty fall food. Get your ticket stamped at all six restaurants and return it to the info booth on Allen Street for a chance to win a $50 gift card. COST is $4 per person and includes a sample size portion of each restaurant's featured dish.
- Plein Air Art Competition - Come paint the downtown for a chance to win cash prizes and the opportunity to sell your painting at an evening reception. Click here for information.
- Outdoor Expo - Happening on the 100 block of Allen Street. Click here for details.
- Kids' Day - Centre County Day for Kids activities will offer boundless opportunities for a day of lod-fashioned family fun. From pumpkin decorating to pony rides, rock climbing wall to hanging out with alpacas, Kids Day is full fun!
- Community Resources Fair - Stop in at the Municipal Building to glean tons of information about all the Centre Region has to offer.