Saturday, October 5th, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The annual Fall Festival will be taking place on Allen Street and throughout Downtown, once again. Come on out for lots of fun and games for the whole family. See below for descriptions of all the day's events.
- Happy Valley Dessert Contest - Do you love to bake? Enter your homemade, fall-themed dessert for a chance to win a $50 Downtown Gift Card. This event is open to chefs of all ages with three different subdivision. Entries are judged on Appearance, Flavor, Creativity, and Difficulty. Not a cook? Stop by to sample the entries. Desserts will be sold beginning at noon for $1 per serving. Click here for the Dessert Contest Entry Form.
- Plein Air Art Competition sponsored by Uncle Eli's - Come paint the town for a chance to win cash prizes and the opportunity to sell your painting at an evening reception. Click here for details.
- Cheesesteak Eating Contest sponsored by Bradley's Cheesesteaks - The competition will be a timed speed-eating competition. Compteitors will be randomly placed in groups. Each competitor will be given two (2) Bradley's Cheesesteaks, and will be racing the people in their gropus to finish both sandwiches first. The top time from each of the groups will be compared to determin 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. Click here to register.
- Kids' Day - Centre County Day for Kids actovities will offer boundless opportunities for a day of old-fashioned family fun. From pumpkin decorating to pony rides, rock-climbing wall to hanging out with alpacas. Kids' Day is full of fun!
- Community Resources Fair - Stop in at the Municipal Building plaza to glean tons of information about all the Centre Region has to offer.