Executive Director, Downtown State College Improvement District, (“DID”)
SUMMARY: The Executive Director will lead and oversee the development, management, and implementation of marketing and development efforts of the DID. The DID is devoted to preserving and enhancing the value and vitality of downtown and is funded by over 350 assessment paying property owners within a defined area located in the heart of State College, PA, adjacent to Penn State University.
The successful applicant must be entrepreneurial, energetic, imaginative, well organized, and capable of functioning effectively in a primarily independent role. She/he should have an understanding of issues confronting downtown business owners, property owners, public agencies, and community organizations. Excellent verbal and communication skills are essential, with an emphasis on creating and maintaining a vibrant, engaging, and clean destination for residents and visitors.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and three to five years of proven leadership experience in a field including communications, planning, small business development, public relations, marketing, retailing, volunteer or non-profit administration, or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Salary commensurate with experience. A valid driver’s license is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the organization according to the goals set forth by the Board of Directors
- Manage the daily operations of the DID which includes, but is not limited to, all supervision, oversight, and direction of the office and clean team ambassador staff
- Serve as a spokesperson for the DID
- Advocate for the DID at Borough Council meetings
- Foster economic development within and for the DID, such as grant writing, research, and/or collaboration with local organizations to enhance the DID
- Develop and maintain key partnerships and relationship building to benefit the DID
- Grow support from owners, individuals and organizations in four distinct entities: State College Borough, Penn State University, property owners, and business owners
- Support, lead, and motivate volunteers including working with committees
- Understand and create an annual budget and project budgets
- Be an advisor to the Board of Directors and create monthly executive reports
- Maintain a “big picture” outlook while navigating the every changing daily happenings
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to:
Chairman of the Board Sharon Herlocher at Application@downtownstatecollege.com
A printable copy of this notice is available HERE.