- This event has passed.
January 5 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Happy New Year! Enjoy some First Friday fun at these great events:
- Appalachian Outdoors – Enjoy the usual libations and treats while finding the perfect gear for this weather! Mount Nittanee Kombucha and Kid Tech will also be on hand.
- Art Alliance Gallery Downtown – Opening Reception for the new show “Escape” – This show brings innovation and design into the art realm, featuring the designs of Gilson Snowboards, Organic Climbing gear, mountain bike fabrication by Jones (from Freeze Thaw), as well as climbing holds by local craftsman, Jim Bowers. These with extreme climbing photography and paintings about escape craft this show to encourage us to dream about where we can escape, engage, and getting out of our modes of thinking about art.
Join us for live music by The Local Station (https://www.facebook.com/thelocalstationband/).
- Fraser Street Commons – Gallery Reception featuring the watercolor paintings and multimedia artwork of Casey Cruse. Snacks will be provided and feel free to stay to play a board game or chat.
- The State Theatre – Gallery Reception in the lobby, featuring the photography of Carolyn Todd, Lisa Cirincione, Sami Sharkey, John Sharkey, Lou Sporito, and David Whiteman, all members of The State College Photo Club. Also, enjoy live music by “Maebh Mccullough” and receive a 10% discound off tickets to the January 10th show Yonder Mountain String Band with The Southern Belles.
- Woskob Family Gallery – Wall to Wall 2.0 Out of town for New Year’s Eve? Didn’t Make it to First Night? Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to contribute to our community wall drawing!
Join us for January’s First Friday and share your resolutions and aspirations for 2018 on our gallery walls.
Relax. Play. Shop. Stay.
Experience the cool vibe of downtown State College during our monthly First Friday events. A casual atmosphere features art, people-watching, mingling with friends, shopping, and dining at the diverse and delectable State College restaurants. First Friday goers will experience after-hours access to galleries and shops, free bites and beverages, live music and entertainment, retail and restaurant specials, and more. And there’s free parking in the Pugh, Fraser and Beaver garages with validations from participating merchants.