Downtown State College offers residential living for every style and budget with a diverse and vibrant selection of neighborhoods and homes. Whether you’re renting, or putting down roots, discover neighborhoods with a wide range of houses, townhouses, condos and apartments. Whether new, modern construction or revitalized historic buildings, downtown State College offers a home for you.
What’s more, this walkable downtown situated directly across from Penn State University, puts unique restaurants, nightly entertainment, specialty shops, and daily essentials within easy reach. Whether you’re looking for live music, a sporting event, or a cozy coffee house, State College allows you to discover the best times of your life.
Offering residents many of the amenities of a larger urban environment in a clean, safe, and welcoming setting State College is often recognized as one of the country’s safest and most livable communities, and ranked among the best places to live by Thrillist and CNN Money.
Other State College recognitions include:
- Ranked Number 1 of the 10 happiest small cities in America by Movato Real Estate Blog;
- Named one of the most “walkable college towns” by the Chronicle of Higher Education;
- Named one of the “50 Smart Places to Live” by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance;
- Third in “Best College Town and City” by the American Institute for Economic Research;
- Ranked Number 14 Best Town in the country by Niche Rankings;
- Third safest metropolitan area in the United States by CQ Press;
- Second “Smartest City” by Lumosity;
- The Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts was named Number 1 on the Sunshine Artist magazine annual list.