Downtown you will find the energy and excitement of State College. Where else but Downtown is the favorite place to do business and get down to the business of having fun? With a fall football season where State College becomes the third largest town in Pennsylvania, to the number one arts fest in the country, Downtown has something for everyone while discovering the best times of your life.
There is no shortage of things to do or places to stay. Downtown State College boasts:
- 3,000 hotel rooms (over 500 in Downtown).
- 1.5 to 2 million annual visitors.
- 25 major festivals, including one of the most well-known and largest art festivals in the U.S., the Central Pennsylvania Festival for the Arts.
- The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State with 30 to 40 nationally recognized performances and Broadway shows each season.
- The Bryce Jordan Center, which hosts 20 to 25 national touring acts and events each year, which in the past included Garth Brooks, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, and Billy Joel, circuses, and NBA pre-season games.
- The State Theatre presents an average of 35 national music acts a year in diverse genres of music, including bluegrass, classic rock, singer-songwriters, country, blues, jam bands, swing bands, and pop music.